Wild Henry

Wild Henry
Henry at BLM
Jenna did not grow up in a horsey family, but it was love from the first plastic palomino her grandpa gave to her. Jenna started training horses 12 years ago as a means to pay for her own. She has spent years working under other great trainers and now has her own clientele. In 2008 Jenna trained her first mustang and was a finalist at the Western States Mustang Challenge. Since then she has trained Mustangs for Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue and last year got the opportunity to teach her first clinic gentling mustangs at a BLM adoption. Last October Jenna founded Heart to Heart Equine Rescue with the help of Cheryl Zanini. Jenna is currently training horses and riders at Proud Horse Stables in Redlands, CA.







She is currently preparing "Henry Ford" for the Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover in Fort Worth, Texas August 13-14 2010.



Friday, April 16, 2010

Still my Beautiful Disaster


It has been a really tough day. I just got off the phone with the vet and got confirmation of his earlier suspicions. Not only is there significant infection in the bone, but also loss of bone density in his jaw. Surgery will be a big project and the after care an even bigger project. It would require the removal of problematic bone tissue and it cannot be closed surgically. Instead it must heal from the inside out. As if the news isn't hard enough, I also got a visit from BLM at my ranch today. They offered to take my horse back.

It is my responsibility to do the best thing for my horse. I don't yet know what that is, but I will find out. I want to get the x-rays sent over to a surgical center for an evaluation of the exact procedure needed and his prognosis. It will be at that point I can decide what to do for my little Tornado. But an educated decision is critical.

I am feeling really overwhelmed by all the things going on. He really is my beautiful disaster. My intention is to adopt him at the Mustang Makeover and raise the funds to have his surgery done. I am hopeful that we can raise the money and give him the care he desperately needs. If surgery will help him and he has a good prognosis then we will do it. If surgery will cause him more harm than good I still want to adopt him. I will do the best I can with what I've got. At the end of the day if I have given him my best I have to accept whatever the outcome may be. Even if that means to love him well and say goodbye. But for now we will move forward and pray for the best.

1 comment:

Judi said...

You are a wonderful person. I am so glad you got him. Not everyone would give him a chance.

Day One